Thursday, July 14, 2011

Winnipeg Fringe Festival 2011

 

Had a few rehearsals in the Can West Theatre and Flim building seen in photo behind me. My lovely new stage manager James Moore booked the space and found me a chair and black box for my set and yesterday we had a tech run of the show in Venue #2 Up The Alley Theatre MTC.


My friends Lianne Judt and Richard (that I haven't seen in about 8 years) helped me put up posters and took me for dinner at the Kings Head Pub a popular fringe hang out.


My billitor and old friend Renee and I saw TJ Dawe Show - Lucky 9 last night and it was great! Had a tour of the childrens Hospital Life Centre that Renee runs, producing an in hospital tv show for the kids in Hospital which they appear on. Games and toys to prepare them for their hospital proceedures, it's an amazing program complete with huge fish tank with a big albino frog (one of the most amazing creature I'v ever seen.)

Meeting other Fringe performers, having a great time in Winnipeg. Going to see my friend John Grady's show today Fear Factor: Canine Edition, which I saw in New York and wept buckets and then hopefully see Curriculum Vitae and Happy Slap Venue #10 and This is Cancer Venue 16.
Posted by Picasa


Gals from "The Seminar" - Sarah & Mellissa - met at Media Showcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment